About the role
It’s because of our continued growth and success that we’re looking for a Technical Architect. It’s a fairly flexible role and you’ll certainly be getting your hands dirty with some coding. We’re also looking for someone who is happy to architect and drive the technical vision for a solution, ensuring we are delivering faster digital change for clients. That could be at a fairly high level as well as supporting the team all the way through the technical stack (code, database, infrastructure etc).
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Commercial experience of architecting medium to complex solutions through to delivery
- Ability to give technical leadership on projects to both senior developers and up to management.
- Experience of describing architectures diagrammatically either formally or informally, UML or equivalent
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to define, improve and promote best practices across the business
- Comprehensive commercial experience in a development language such as ASP.NET or similar
- Experience in successfully Architecting and delivering applications, both web and native, using .NET technologies or another commercial framework
- Experience of successfully delivering secure applications that are architected and built with security best practices in mind
- Knowledge/experience of Micro Services architectural methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge/experience of Serverless architectural methodology and best practices
- Experience of designing load testing strategies to deliver robust, effective solutions
- Experience of Designing, creating and consuming APIs (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of code versioning and branching strategies
- Strong OOP methodology understanding
- Understanding of testing methodologies such as Test automation and TDD
- Detailed knowledge of the current latest version of IIS
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills with experience of confidently presenting the design/architecture to internal stakeholders and external clients
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of line management
- In depth understanding of a CMS
- Knowledge/experience of AWS and/or AWS services
- Knowledge/Experience of using Azure and/or Azure services
- Working experience with a version control tool
- An understanding of Web Services
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Annual salary review
- Company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learn and Brown Bag sessions
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work
- Personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year including our awesome Christmas party
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
Where challenges exist with innovation, speed of delivery, customer experience and costly infrastructure, we can deliver measurable results, empowering our clients’ teams and enhancing their performance.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by Be Heard in 2016, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last six years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up a record eight awards in 2019, including the prestigious Grand Prix for a second successive year.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.