Quality Engineering is more than just test automation, but an entire approach to integrating quality best practices into every facet of software development. Quality Engineers are responsible for the design and implementation of quality strategies. They provide oversight to engineering teams for unit testing. They also author and automate component tests, integration tests, performance tests, acceptance/end-to-end tests and verification tests. They will also design and implement manual exploratory tests where applicable. Quality Engineers are responsible for providing a reliable quality signal. They are an integral part of the software engineering process to ensure quality is consistent and deliberately designed.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Technical Architects and Project Engineering Leads to design systems that are easily testable and modular in design
- Work closely with Technical Product Owners to define clear test requirements and test plans
- Be directly responsible for the implementation of tests in the CI/CD toolchain.
- Input into the design of, and own the implementation of, cloud infrastructure.
- Find test bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- Design and author component tests, integration tests, performance tests, acceptance/end-to-end tests and verification tests
- Promote best test practices
- Designing, owning and implementing the test strategy with feedback loops for both automated and manual exploratory perspective.
- Quickly identify trends and patterns, and drive out root causes of complex technical problems, in order to design and implement appropriate solutions
- Ensure, with the support of Development team peers and Technical Architects, that development work is delivered on time and budget and in line with the technical vision for the project and company best practices.
- Produce reports on quality of a given component or application in a clear and easy to understand forma for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Taking accountability for the success of the project as a whole, including offering input and insight to areas other than just the quality, and bearing the responsibility of decisions that need to be made
- Creating and maintaining sufficient levels of documentation for the solutions produced
- Assisting project teams in enhancing commercial opportunities and mitigating risks.
- To positively represent MMT Digital, and to embrace and encourage and its values, through client interactions - whether in a work or social setting.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Analytical skills including the ability to identify trends and patterns
- Strong troubleshooting skills, able to drive out root cause of complex technical problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of continuous integration (CI) technologies such as Azure DevOps or GitHub
- Deep understanding of modern, industry testing patterns/practices including performance and security testing, with at least coverage of the testing pyramid or automation testing wheel to drive our automated testing strategy.
- Good understanding and experience of using the following test tools: Cypress, Mocha, K6, Selenium, JMeter, xUnit/NUnit