What you'll do
Here at MMT Digital we have the opportunity to work with a wide range of ambitious, national and international clients, operating as a highly-trusted consultancy and delivery partner. Helping shape the strategic vision for our clients, leveraging our industry experience and know-how, is fundamental to our ongoing success.
We have been building a strong, trusted relationship with a key client. We have been supporting them in the early stages of their digital transformation, identifying key programmes of work across the organisation. There is a clear need for a Data Engineer to work alongside the existing team within the organisation, leading the implementation of the blueprint established by the Data Architect and helping to upskill the existing team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of the data store and associated processes in line with the enterprise data model.
- Ongoing analysis of future data sources to define and implement extensions to the data store and processes.
- Development of business-based algorithms for analytics in line with the overarching Analytics and Reporting Strategy.
- Implementation of the data marts required to power all reporting efforts across the organisation.
- Guiding the ongoing support and maintenance of the data store, marts and processes.
- Set up of the public-facing data dashboard and designing and implementing integrations from the centralised data store.
- Supporting the Data Architect in the assessment of new digital initiatives to assess the impact on the current data model, ensure that data requirements and standards are clearly defined and outline any required work.
What you'll bring
We are looking for a friendly, confident and detail-orientated individual that that flourishes in a team environment and faces up to challenges. Problem solving, collaboration and communication skills are all key qualities in this role. We are particularly interested in self-motivated individuals as well as the ability to stay cool under pressure.
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Experience of data methodologies including both batch and interactive (e.g. Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark)
- Experience of working with data modelling and analytics in the cloud , e.g. Azure Data Lake, AWS Data Lakes
- Experience of a relevant data language, e.g. Python, Java, Scala
- Experience of relevant, enterprise database technologies, e.g. Cassandra, CosmosDB
- Experience of data warehousing solutions
- Experience of creating ETL processes, including the usage of ETL tools (e.g. Azure Data Factory)
- Experience of implementing roadmaps for business data strategies
- Experience of database design
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.