What you'll do
We are looking for forward thinking people to help us create amazing things! That's why we're recruiting for this UX Designer Placement role, which is designed for a university student looking for a year in industry as part of their degree.
You will be working within the Experience Design Team, designing new features on real projects for some huge clients of ours.
You will learn about our user-centred design process and how to practice ‘design thinking’ to help clients solve problems and deliver products and services that delight their customers and help them achieve their goals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s best designers and developers on some great projects. No two days are the same – our client list is wide and diverse – and we will ensure that you are on the front line, interacting directly with them.
We have a great retention rate for our placement students, many come back and work with us full-time straight out of University. Our current CTO Mark Starling started with us as a placement student and has worked his way to the top. We really do set you up for a career after graduation.
Here at MMT Digital we are not as corporate as some companies, we know that people thrive in a fun and vibrant working environment – so that’s just what we’ve created.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Studying for a design-related degree
- Keen to develop your design thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate how you approach design projects
- Be a confident and articulate communicator
- Ability to understand the importance of involving users in the design process
- Passion for the broader field of design
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience in user research and analytics – to learn about user’s behaviour, goals, motivations and needs
- An understanding of user journey mapping and information architecture – to describe routes through products and define the best structure, language and labelling
- Experience in prototyping & wireframing – to describe the features, functionality and usability of products
- An interest in visual and interaction design – to bring prototypes to life and build engagement and delight with users
These skills are not a prerequisite, the role will help you learn and develop those areas.
We are looking for someone that will embrace this opportunity, be keen to learn from experienced industry professionals, and in return we will set them up for success in their future design career.
What you’ll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.