Once we feel it’s safe, we’ll be reopening our offices in Leeds, London and Uppingham. Our team will have the choice to continue to work remotely (within the UK), from one of our offices, or a combination of the above.
We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You’ll be able to confirm your preference on the application form.
What you'll do
It’s because of our continued growth and success that we’re looking for a Technical Architect. We’re looking for someone who is happy to architect and drive the technical vision for a solution, ensuring we are delivering faster digital change for clients. That could be at a fairly high level as well as supporting the team all the way through the technical stack (code, database, infrastructure etc).
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Commercial experience of architecting medium to complex solutions through to delivery
- Ability to give technical leadership on projects to both senior developers and up to management.
- Experience of describing architectures diagrammatically either formally or informally, UML or equivalent
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of defining data standards, modelling and governance
- Proven ability to define, improve and promote best practices across the business
- Comprehensive commercial experience in a development language such as ASP.NET or similar
- Experience in successfully Architecting and delivering applications, both web and native, using .NET technologies or another commercial framework
- Experience of successfully delivering secure applications that are architected and built with security best practices in mind
- Knowledge/experience of Micro Services architectural methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge/experience of Serverless architectural methodology and best practices
- Experience of designing load testing strategies to deliver robust, effective solutions
- Experience of Designing, creating and consuming APIs (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of code versioning and branching strategies
- Strong OOP methodology understanding
- Understanding of testing methodologies such as Test automation and TDD
- Detailed knowledge of the current latest version of IIS
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills with experience of confidently presenting the design/architecture to internal stakeholders and external clients
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of line management
- In depth understanding of a CMS
- Knowledge/experience of AWS and/or AWS services
- Knowledge/Experience of using Azure and/or Azure services
- Working experience with a version control tool
- An understanding of Web Services
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.