About the role
It’s because of our continued growth and success that we’re looking for a Technical Architect. It’s a fairly flexible role and you’ll certainly be getting your hands dirty with some coding. We’re also looking for someone who is happy to architect and drive the technical vision for a solution, ensuring we are delivering faster digital change for clients. That could be at a fairly high level as well as supporting the team all the way through the technical stack (code, database, infrastructure etc).
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Commercial experience of architecting medium to complex solutions through to delivery
- Ability to give technical leadership on projects to both senior developers and up to management.
- Experience of describing architectures diagrammatically either formally or informally, UML or equivalent
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to define, improve and promote best practices across the business
- Comprehensive commercial experience in a development language such as ASP.NET or similar
- Experience in successfully Architecting and delivering applications, both web and native, using .NET technologies or another commercial framework
- Experience of successfully delivering secure applications that are architected and built with security best practices in mind
- Knowledge/experience of Micro Services architectural methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge/experience of Serverless architectural methodology and best practices
- Experience of designing load testing strategies to deliver robust, effective solutions
- Experience of Designing, creating and consuming APIs (REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge of code versioning and branching strategies
- Strong OOP methodology understanding
- Understanding of testing methodologies such as Test automation and TDD
- Detailed knowledge of the current latest version of IIS
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills with experience of confidently presenting the design/architecture to internal stakeholders and external clients
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of line management
- In depth understanding of a CMS
- Knowledge/experience of AWS and/or AWS services
- Knowledge/Experience of using Azure and/or Azure services
- Working experience with a version control tool
- An understanding of Web Services
What you’ll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Annual salary review
- Company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learn and Brown Bag sessions
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year including our awesome Christmas party
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, along with a new baby hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
We are MMT Digital, a technical consultancy specialising in the delivery of effective digital solutions.
Join us and you’ll be part of our 170-strong UK team of experts who devise and deliver complex digital solutions to help our clients drive faster change.
We’ve spent the last 20 years working with organisations such as Bacardi, Vodafone and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale.
We work with CIOs, CTOs and Heads of Digital who need a trusted partner to augment their team with deep technical expertise and delivery capabilities. At the same time, we can upskill their in-house people through knowledge transfer and change management to create high performing teams. Our collaborative approach means our teams – whether working onsite, offsite or a combination of the two - build open and genuine relationships with our clients that bring success faster.
We became part of Be Heard Partnership in 2016 and have been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last six years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up eight awards in 2019, including the prestigious Grand Prix for a second successive year.