What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Sustainability & Carbon Negative Executive to join our Operations team. This individual will work to drive the carbon negative and sustainability (specifically carbon footprint related) agenda within MMT Digital and the wider MSQ group. The role will start remotely, but when we return to the office, you'll be based in our Uppingham office, East Midlands.
We’re passionate about making a better and greener future, but this is more than an empty strategy. In 2020 the MSQ Group became one of the first global digital marketing organisations to become carbon negative. We do this by:
- accurately measuring and reporting on carbon footprint
- putting strategies in place to reduce the carbon footprint of each entity within the MSQ Group
- running initiatives to offset far more carbon than we produce.
Demonstrating this requires accurate data capturing, analysis and for our models to be regularly updated. These reports will be shared with new and existing clients, internal teams and across our social channels allowing you to demonstrate the impact of our work.
Some of the awesome projects you’ll be working on:
- Creating company reporting dashboards to share our progress across the group and with key clients.
- Creating and managing staff surveys to enable more accurate modelling of carbon footprint.
- Being the driving force within the carbon negative council and communicating / updating regularly to keep the group engaged with all activity.
- Keeping up to speed with news around the drive to a Net Zero economy in order to bring forward new ideas and initiatives.
- Carrying out official MSQ offsetting reporting (via the Ecologi platform)
- Working with key people at MSQ companies to review and switch to more renewable suppliers for all goods and services (e.g. working with landlords to switch to green energy suppliers)
- Working with MSQ companies to review how to reduce electricity usage (e.g. LED lighting etc)
- Installation of electric vehicle charging points for offices with car parks
- Supporting HR and finance teams in the management of the “MSQ People” staff salary sacrifice scheme for carbon offsetting.
What you’ll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- A passion to tackle climate change and improve sustainability to support our global organisation reduce our carbon footprint for today and tomorrow.
- Confident communicator – both in writing and verbally. You’ll need to feel comfortable to communicate across all levels of the MSQ Group and our clients.
- Passion to work hard and do an amazing job.
- Ability to work independently and operate within high level guidance principles.
- A willingness to learn and develop, growing with this role as it evolves.
- You’ll need to be flexible in your approach leading the administration and management of this work moving forwards.
- Comfortable working with data and Excel spreadsheets.
- Proven ability to use your passion to stay informed within the Net Zero economy space to make real life changes.
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (environment and energy-related subject) or relevant experience within sustainability/ carbon reduction/ green initiatives.
- Proven experience of creating data reports and/or Company dashboards.
What you’ll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.