Once we feel it’s safe, we’ll be reopening our offices in Leeds, London and Uppingham. Our team will have the choice to continue to work remotely (within the UK), from one of our offices, or a combination of the above.
We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You’ll be able to confirm your preference on the application form.
What you'll do
You'll be working for MMT on our largest client enterprise account as a Site Reliability Engineer with a specific focus on performance testing. As a successful applicant you will be a self-motivated, energetic individual capable of providing performance testing technical leadership. You will take ownership of technical tasks, creating and refining the technical performance roadmap as you go.
This role will require you to be:
- Directly responsible for performance testing of client infrastructure and applications.
- Owning performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Finding scalability bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements
- Creating and maintaining sufficient levels of documentation for the solutions produced
- Assisting project teams in mitigating risks and building performance reliability and throughput.
- Triaging and solving service issues and outages
- Performing tasks related to Cloud Systems Engineering and other infrastructure/pipeline work as needed to support the overarching Systems team effort
You’ll be working closely with the client to ensure safe, accurate delivery of services whilst positively representing MMT Digital and our values through these interactions. Working with the support of your Development team peers and Technical Architects, you’ll make sure development work is delivered on time and budget and in line with the technical vision for the project. You’ll take accountability for the success of the project as a whole, including offering input and insight to areas other than just the development, and bearing the responsibility of decisions that need to be made.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Performance testing experience.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience with running production systems, triaging and solving outages.
- Experience of working in AWS (ECS, EC2, ALB), with Azure DevOps experience as a bonus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of infrastructure as code
- Experience with modern monitoring systems such as DataDog, Cloudwatch, Grafana or ELK
- A working knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, Containers and Serverless technologies
- Strong understanding of System Architecture
- Experience of using Terraform and CloudFormation templates
- Strong troubleshooting skills, able to drive out root causes of complex technical problems
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of working in a Serverless environment
- Azure DevOps experience
- A general understanding of development processes and practices
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.