Once we feel it’s safe, we’ll be reopening our offices in Leeds, London and Uppingham. Our team will have the choice to continue to work remotely (within the UK), from one of our offices, or a combination of the above.
We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You’ll be able to confirm your preference on the application form.
What you'll do
At MMT Digital, our Cloud Systems Engineers allow us to apply Cloud Systems Engineering practices (CI/CD automation, environment deployment, infrastructure design, productivity improvements, DevOps processes) to clients and provide services such as managed pipelines, phase 0 work and developer support.
As a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, you’ll share some architecture responsibility, along with the responsibility for coaching and mentoring junior team members. You’ll also champion improvement initiatives for clients and internal work.
When you join our Systems team, you’ll be:
- Working closely with the CSE Seniors and Lead to design and implement controls to ensure safety and accuracy of deliverables, and be confident in demonstrating the value of these controls to clients
- Directly responsible for the implementation of the CI/CD toolchain.
- Providing input into the design of and implement cloud infrastructure.
- Finding delivery bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- Actively seeking out opportunities for improvement and enhancement of client solutions, and drive the commercial conversations to enable this delivery
- Performing tasks related to Site Reliability Engineering and other infrastructure/pipeline work as needed to support the overarching Systems team effort.
- Promoting best CI/CD practices
- Working closely with technical leads to ensure that platforms are designed for continuous delivery and zero downtime.
- Ensuring, with the support of Development team peers and Technical Architects, that development work is delivered on time and budget and in line with the technical vision for the project and company best practices.
- Taking accountability for the success of the project as a whole, including offering input and insight to areas other than just the development, and bearing the responsibility of decisions that need to be made
- Working with the wider Systems Team to enable delivery of client work in all areas of Systems Team capabilities
- Creating and maintaining sufficient levels of documentation for the solutions produced
- Positively representing MMT Digital, and to embrace and encourage and its values, through client interactions - whether in a work or social setting.
- Triaging and solving service issues
You’ll also work with the Systems Team Delivery Manager and wider Systems Engineering Team to continually assess and improve ways of working to enable delivery of client work. You’ll support the Cloud Systems Engineers in your team to grow and develop their careers through mentorship, and assist MMT Digital to become a global thought leader in this discipline.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify trends and patterns
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to drive out root cause of complex technical problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to voice issues appropriately and professionally
- Proven experience using application lifecycle management tools such as Azure DevOps or GitHub
- Highly confident in System Architecture
- Experience of using Config Management tools
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of mentoring and coaching others
What you’ll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.