Once we feel it’s safe, we’ll be reopening our offices in Leeds, London and Uppingham. Our team will have the choice to continue to work remotely (within the UK), from one of our offices, or a combination of the above.
We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You’ll be able to confirm your preference on the application form.
What you'll do
Do you want to make a real, immediate impact on the performance of our business? Do you revel in herding cats and solving complex, multi-dimensional resourcing challenges? Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling when that nested IF statement you created in Excel actually works? If so, this could be the role for you.
We’re looking for an accomplished Resource Manager to join the Operations team and support the continued growth of the business. As our Resource Manager, you’ll be the central point of contact for our resourcing process, building strong and productive relationships with stakeholders across the business to ensure we have the right people on the right projects at the right time. You’ll have a bias for action and be able to influence without authority to make things happen. You’ll have a strong people focus, ensuring that our peoples’ skills and aspirations are taken into account in project allocations. You’ll be nifty with a spreadsheet and whilst we’re not looking for a process hound, you’ll be comfortable identifying process improvement opportunities and building consensus to put them into practice.
We’ll support you to learn everything about our business so that you understand us fully. We’ll also make sure you understand the skills, capabilities and aspirations of our people to provide quality resourcing solutions.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Matching people to client demand for upcoming work
- Planning and Scheduling of all billable staff using Mavenlink (our resource management platform)
- Identifying resourcing conflicts and working through solutions with the appropriate stakeholders to find workable resolutions.
- Capacity management and forecasting
- Producing on projects, resource, capacity and utilisation
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Proven experience in resource management
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Commercial acumen
- Highly organised with the ability to spin multiple plates at any given time
- Passion for getting the right data – proven experience of using Excel to an advanced level
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience using Mavenlink or a similar resource management platform/PSA
- Experience within a digital agency or tech consulting environment
- An understanding of recruitment and onboarding processes for contract and permanent hires
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.