About the role
We’re looking for forward thinking people to help us create amazing things! That's why we're recruiting for this Developer Placement role, which is designed for a university student looking for a year in industry as part of their degree.
You’ll be working within the Delivery Support team, developing new features on real projects for some huge clients of ours. The team is fairly small, so you’ll have the opportunity to have a big impact on how the team works.
This is a fantastic opportunity to code and learn with some of the industry’s best developers – working on some great projects. As we are a Digital Agency you’ll have the benefit of working on a variety of projects – no two days are the same! We have a helpful and open working environment and team, which means that you can easily have conversations and sit-downs with managers across all levels for support and advice.
We also ensure you’re on the frontline, speaking and interacting with clients. Students on this placement often come back and work with us full-time, straight out of University - we really set you up for a career after Graduation! One such success story is of our current CTO (Chief Technical Officer) Mark Starling, he joined as you will be and in a matter of 10 years he worked his way up to CTO!
Here at MMT Digital we aren’t as corporate as some companies, we know that people thrive in a fun working environment – so that’s just what we’ve created!
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Studying for an IT related degree
- Understanding of Content Management Systems
- Basic understanding of development methodologies, specifically Agile (Scrum)
- Passionate about all things web based
- Generally interested in new technology and keen to learn more
- Be a confident communicator
- Be a great team worker
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of using Content Management Systems
- Enthusiasm to excel in the role
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to response well to change
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Annual salary review
- Company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learn and Brown Bag sessions
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year including our awesome Christmas party
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, along with a new baby hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Popcorn Pass Rewards
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
We are MMT Digital, a technical consultancy specialising in the delivery of effective digital solutions.
Join us and you’ll be part of our 170-strong UK team of experts who devise and deliver complex digital solutions to help our clients drive faster change.
We’ve spent the last 20 years working with organisations such as Bacardi, Vodafone and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale.
We work with CIOs, CTOs and Heads of Digital who need a trusted partner to augment their team with deep technical expertise and delivery capabilities. At the same time, we can upskill their in-house people through knowledge transfer and change management to create high performing teams. Our collaborative approach means our teams – whether working onsite, offsite or a combination of the two - build open and genuine relationships with our clients that bring success faster.
We became part of Be Heard Partnership in 2016, and have been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last five years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up seven awards, including the prestigious Grand Prix, in 2018.
* We can help cover travel expenses if you're attending an interview with us. The Recruitment team will give you more information as you move through our process.