We want to hear from enthusiastic and highly capable PHP Developers with a proven track record and some front end skills as well (ideally). There’s a big list of skills that would be useful further down this page to give you an idea of what we’re looking for!
Here is a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!):
- 3+ years solid experience with hand coded OOP PHP
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with Linux and Apache (or another web server such as Nginx)
- Experience working within the Symfony framework (ideally with Drupal 8)
- Good Database skills (e.g. MySQL, Mongo)
- Experienced with Git version control Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- UK Driving Licence
- Unit testing using PHPUnit
- Selenium testing
- Experience working within other PHP frameworks
- RESTful APIs
- Experience with integrating with other systems, such as payment gateways
- Experience working within a CMS
- Familiarity with Composer for managing PHP dependencies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Knowledge of web accessibility
MMT Digital is one of the fastest growing agencies in the UK. We architect, design and develop bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. We achieve that by hiring awesome people and creating a culture of trust and an environment that allows us all to constantly enhance our skills.
There are a lot of ways that we can do that. We work on exciting projects with large national and global clients. We are constantly investing in the best external training. We also have a huge pool of talent within the company so it's important that we make the most of that. Through "lunch and learns", "brown bag sessions" and company hackathons (T-shirts included!) we are always trying to find ways to share our knowledge. Everyone gets to set their own "personal objectives" every quarter so that we can try and move your skills in the direction that you want to take them.
We're an agile company (but lots of people say that!). Agile is often done really badly. We're proud of the fact that we do it well. Taking the concepts of being truly lean when developing digital products is not always easy when it's applied to the development of websites. We have a bunch of highly skilled and qualified Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Certified Scrum Developers along with world class test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes which means we feel that we do it better than most! If you're new to agile or have a few years' experience, we're confident that MMT Digital is a great place to continue on your agile journey.
Finally, it's important to have fun. Happy people are more motivated and that creates a stronger team. We have a great team culture and invest both in our people and improving what we do. We are enthusiastic, passionate, work hard and have fun. We are a very sociable bunch and have regular social activities throughout the year, culminating in the Christmas party with past destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Lisbon.