What you'll do
Mobile Specialists at MMT act as Subject Matter Experts in mobile app development. This could mean acting hands-on as a Senior Engineer on a mobile project, but could also mean acting as a consultant for a number of mobile projects where greater insight into the mobile domain is needed to enable the teams to succeed.
It’s a hands-on, client-facing role, but one that also offers the chance to input towards the strategic direction of a number of projects at once to ensure quality and consistency of practice. You’ll have a chance to shape and refine the direction that end-to-end mobile engineering takes across the business, as well as helping to build and coach project teams more directly.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Great commercial experience delivering mobile applications
- Strong React Native skills, including commercial experience
- Experience of writing some automated tests for mobile applications
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and how to use them to automate the build and distribution of mobile applications
- Understanding of testing strategies for mobile applications
- Excellent people skills, with experience of coaching and upskilling other engineers
- Experience publishing mobile apps to major app stores (App Store, Play Store)
- Experience of working in an Agile Development environment
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Some experience working with other modern cross-platform mobile application stacks, such as Flutter or Xamarin
- Exposure to native technologies for iOS and Android, such as Swift, Java and Kotlin
- Experience of setting up an automated quality strategy for mobile apps at scale
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.