What you'll do
This is a senior management role that has overall responsibility for the people and practices within Technical Product Delivery at MMT Digital, including Technical Account Management, Architecture and Product Delivery.
- Act as a departmental role model responsible for focussing on the development of the team through owning and creating departmental roadmaps, setting direction for the team with support of the CTO
- Lead the community of practice for this department, with the Team Managers, to build capability and excellence
- Evolving best practices for the department, with a focus on consistency, efficacy and scalability
- Responsible the recruitment of the people into the team and their journey with us from their onboarding through to career progression
- Overall line management for the department, including succession planning, performance management, and training
- Working with the Technical Directors of each Centre of Excellence to ensure people within the department are trained and developed in line with our delivery models
- Work with the other Head roles to promote effective cross-functional delivery
- Development of direct reports: monthly catch ups, monitor employee engagement through catch ups, feedback and goal setting
- Wellbeing: Sickness recording, ensuring individuals are taking holidays
- Finance: Responsible for managing budgets, carrying out salary reviews
- Department development: Inputting into departmental roadmaps
- Involvement in recruitment and onboarding processes for the department
- Actively looking for ways to improve people processes with the support of the HR team
- Involvement with complex people challenges
- Attend HR training sessions and work with HR to understand policies and how best to support direct reports
To operate as a Technical Account Lead with the following responsibilities:
- Managing client relationships with MMT at a senior technical level,
- Responsible for the overall technical delivery, strategy and governance across a range of industries and solutions.
- Shaping the overall solution and accompanying roadmap from the initial engagement with clients, as well as seeing the delivery through to the first release and those thereafter.
- Live and breathe our Agile delivery processes - coaching and developing internal Agile skills as well and governing the process using our unique delivery and quality governance model.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Deep working knowledge of agile and lean tools and techniques
- Experience in, and a passion for, developing others. Including the ability to coach others within and outside of their team
- Passion for continuous improvement, staying up-to-date with the wider industry
- Able to communicate, both written and verbal, effectively across an organisation to the technical and non-technical
- Proficient at reviewing and improving processes
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong commercial instincts
- Being able to find problems, provide the solution and prioritise its importance
You’ll also need the competencies expected of a Technical Account Lead:
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- High level of experience in the commercial delivery of digital products and solutions
- Ability to communicate the business benefits for a given technical solution
- Excellent client management skills, particularly in a technical arena
- Deep understanding of governing digital projects
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate a team in a collaborative environment
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience in product management, architecture or programme management, including working with specialists to put together estimates for digital delivery
- Confidence to provide Agile coaching
- A strong technical background (e.g. engineering, architecture etc) is ideal although not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an agency
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly ‘Studious Hermit’ meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.