What you'll do
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Operations to join our company. This Executive Team level role will manage the effective and efficient running of Operations at MMT. You will have experience of running operations in a business of over 200 people with rapid employee growth. This is a pivotal role within the business, and we are looking for the ultimate problem solver who revels in finding solutions to complex business issues.
As the departmental head you will not only lead your team but also support their development through catch-ups, goal setting and feedback. In collaboration with the HR team you will be create career paths, succession plan and identify skill gaps whilst also being an avid member of the recruitment and onboarding process for future hires.
- Represent Operations on the Exec Team, reporting into the Managing Director.
- Be responsible for scaling people, processes and infrastructure from 150 to 300+ people as part of our 3-year growth plan
- Be accountable for overall utilisation level including setting of targets within the budget and leading the Operations Team to monitor and work with Client & Technical Directors and Heads of Department to improve performance. Remit for improving EBITDA margin
- Lead the Operations Team in modelling of future resource requirements, including scenario and progression planning with Heads of Departments, to proactively plan for and meet the demands of growth
- Be the arbitrator of competing resource priorities to fulfil business objectives and make the final decision when there is no clear outcome for the right business outcome
- Work in tandem with the Managing Director, Head of Client Service Delivery, Director of Growth, CTO, Head of HR and Head of Finance to execute the Exec Team's 3 Year growth goals and achieve the annual budget
- Ensure the efficacy of critical operational business processes, identifying and fixing bottlenecks and managing quality of process outputs. These include resourcing, forecasting, project governance & quality management, career progression and internal time
- Be responsible for the rollout of KPI led management information through the business
- Development of a high performing Operations Team
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Be able to lead teams and lead change through others
- Be highly resilient and calm under pressure
- Have the ability to gather, interpret and present insights from management data
- Find and resolve complex business problems
- Develop and optimise lean business processes
- Fantastic team player, able to form relationships and reach beneficial outcomes in conflict environments
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- A qualification in lean process management
- Worked in a technical consultancy or digital agency environment
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learn and Brown Bag sessions
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year including our awesome Christmas party
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.