We want to hear from enthusiastic and highly capable Front End Developers with a proven track record in delivering high quality and visually stunning websites and applications. We want to see a real passion for the digital industry and the willingness to constantly learn, adapt and develop.
We offer a friendly and sociable office culture with clear opportunities for career progression. All of our staff enjoy the trust and responsibility that we give them and the Front End Developer will play a key role in delivering high quality solutions.
We are passionate about ensuring each of our employees fulfils their potential which is why we will encourage and finance any job related training the successful candidate wishes to undertake. This role comes with lots of opportunity for growing within the business.
Key Skills Required
- 2 or more years of commercial experience as a Front End Developer
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 hand-coding skills
- Experience with CSS, SCSS or other CSS processors
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Git or other Source Control systems
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interact effectively with colleagues and clients
- Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
In addition to the above, here are some of the skills that our ideal candidate would have:
- Demonstrate capability in a server side language
- Experience with CSS frameworks
- Experience in working with a Content Management System Experience with task runners (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and tools such as TeamCity
- Knowledge of Accessibility techniques
- Knowledge of SEO techniques
- Experience with popular APIs (Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
MMT Digital is one of the fastest growing agencies in the UK. We architect, design and develop bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. We achieve that by hiring awesome people and creating a culture of trust and an environment that allows us all to constantly enhance our skills.
There are lots of ways that we can do that. We work on exciting projects with large national and global clients. We are constantly investing in the best external training. We also have a huge pool of talent within the company so it’s important that we make the most of that. Through “lunch and learns”, “brown bag sessions” and company hackathons (T-shirts included!) we are always trying to find ways to share our knowledge. Everyone gets to set their own “personal objectives” every quarter so that we can try and move your skills in the direction that you want to take them.
We’re an agile company (but lots of people say that!). Agile is often done really badly. We’re proud of the fact that we do it well. Taking the concepts of being truly lean when developing digital products is not always easy when it’s applied to the development of websites. We have a bunch of highly skilled and qualified Product Owners, Scrum masters and Certified Scrum Developers along with world class test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes which means we feel that we do it better than most! If you’re new to agile or have a few years’ experience, we’re confident that MMT Digital is a great place to continue on your agile journey.
Finally, it’s important to have fun. Happy people are more motivated and that creates a stronger team. We have a great team culture and invest both in our people and improving what we do. We are enthusiastic, passionate, work hard and have fun. We are a very sociable bunch and have regular social activities throughout the year, culminating in the Christmas party with past destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Lisbon.