We’re looking for a DevOps guru who is up for the challenge of joining an exciting agency who are proud of their technical skills but are looking for someone to grow and lead a team to move our DevOps abilities to the next level.
We have some decent continuous delivery processes using a range of technology stacks (Incl. Jenkins, TeamCity). We also want to drive forwards our processes to enable much more automation around the setup and deployment of environments on AWS and Azure, as well as helping us to support and migrate some of our legacy setups.
We’re looking for someone who is smart, a creative problem solver and passionate about creating really slick delivery pipelines!
Here are a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!):
- Experience of setting up and monitoring scalable solutions
- 2+ years’ experience in Linux / UNIX administration
- 2+ years’ experience in Windows (IIS) administration
- Experience with managing and monitoring AWS based environments
- Experience with managing and monitoring Azure based environments
- Experience in the setup and configuration of Team City based deployment processes
- Experience in the setup and configuration of CruiseControl.NET, Jenkins and / or other deployment tools
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with automation of process using task runners like Grunt (or an equivalent)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with MS SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
- Experience of rolling out updates to production environment stacks with minimal downtime
- Experience of architecting scalable hosting solutions
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience of performance and availability monitoring tools
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to train others in a clear and concise manner
- UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills (good understanding of):
- Working knowledge of agile (particularly Scrum) in order to understand how to implement DevOps work in the context of a lean/agile development environment
MMT Digital is one of the fastest growing agencies in the UK. We architect, design and develop bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. We achieve that by hiring awesome people and creating a culture of trust and an environment that allows us all to constantly enhance our skills.
There are a lot of ways that we can do that. We work on exciting projects with large national and global clients. We are constantly investing in the best external training. We also have a huge pool of talent within the company so it's important that we make the most of that. Through "lunch and learns", "brown bag sessions" and company hackathons (T-shirts included!) we are always trying to find ways to share our knowledge. Everyone gets to set their own "personal objectives" every quarter so that we can try and move your skills in the direction that you want to take them.
We're an agile company (but lots of people say that!). Agile is often done really badly. We're proud of the fact that we do it well. Taking the concepts of being truly lean when developing digital products is not always easy when it's applied to the development of websites. We have a bunch of highly skilled and qualified Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Certified Scrum Developers along with world class test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes which means we feel that we do it better than most! If you're new to agile or have a few years' experience, we're confident that MMT Digital is a great place to continue on your agile journey.
Finally, it's important to have fun. Happy people are more motivated and that creates a stronger team. We have a great team culture and invest both in our people and improving what we do. We are enthusiastic, passionate, work hard and have fun. We are a very sociable bunch and have regular social activities throughout the year, culminating in the Christmas party with past destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Lisbon.