We're looking for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) who has experience of leading teams to deliver digital products and services. At MMT Digital, our TPOs work on a varied range of digital web-based projects including CMS implementations, web applications, ecommerce platforms, mobile apps and microsites for a broad range of clients.
The role will involve leading a multidisciplinary team in the successful agile delivery of projects. This starts from the beginning of the project, where they would work with the product owner (from the client) to understand their vision and what success means for them. They would then ensure alignment between the business, design and development streams throughout delivery.
The TPO will ensure that we are delivering to the standards that both we and the client are expecting. They will be working with PMs to follow an agreed strategy to support activities throughout the project delivery process, such as the generation of ideas for solutions, cost estimation, wireframing, UX design, DevOps and development.
Here are a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!):
- Commercial experience of delivering digital solutions using agile approaches
- A champion for quality throughout the agile delivery process
- An understanding of automated quality processes and techniques to enable an agile delivery
- A certified Scrum Product Owner
- Ability to work on multiple projects, often for different clients
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Proactive in identifying risks to a successful delivery and coming up with solutions
- Ability to work with the product owner to understand requirements and help to prioritise functionality
- Ability to identify and manage technical dependencies
- Supporting the product owner in following an agile delivery with such tasks as reviewing, or writing, user stories
- A passion for continuous, iterative, improvement
- Being able to produce estimates for remaining or potential work
- Experience in delivering e-commerce, bespoke and CMS based projects
- Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- An understanding of the tools used to enable agile delivery, including continuous deployment and automated testing
- UK driving licence
MMT Digital is one of the fastest growing agencies in the UK. We architect, design and develop bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. We achieve that by hiring awesome people and creating a culture of trust and an environment that allows us all to constantly enhance our skills.
There are lots of ways that we can do that. We work on exciting projects with large national and global clients. We are constantly investing in the best external training. We also have a huge pool of talent within the company so it’s important that we make the most of that. Through “lunch and learns”, “brown bag sessions” and company hackathons (T-shirts included!) we are always trying to find ways to share our knowledge. Everyone gets to set their own “personal objectives” every quarter so that we can try and move your skills in the direction that you want to take them.
We’re an agile company (but lots of people say that!). Agile is often done really badly. We’re proud of the fact that we do it well. Taking the concepts of being truly lean when developing digital products is not always easy when it’s applied to the development of websites. We have a bunch of highly skilled and qualified Product Owners, Scrum masters and Certified Scrum Developers along with world class test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes which means we feel that we do it better than most! If you’re new to agile or have a few years’ experience, we’re confident that MMT Digital is a great place to continue on your agile journey.
Finally, it’s important to have fun. Happy people are more motivated and that creates a stronger team. We have a great team culture and invest both in our people and improving what we do. We are enthusiastic, passionate, work hard and have fun. We are a very sociable bunch and have regular social activities throughout the year, culminating in the Christmas party with past destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Lisbon.
We’re looking for someone to join us in our beautiful Rutland HQ in Uppingham. We’ve got some smart offices down in London too (Farringdon) so you’ll probably need to pop down there from time to time.