This is a great opportunity to join, and be part of, a growing architectural team. Our exceptional growth means that we are looking for an experienced Technical Architect who is keen to be part of that growth and ongoing challenge. There will be significant scope and opportunity to grow, in the architectural space, with a direct expectation for you to influence technical strategy centrally within MMT Digital. The right candidate is equally happy to architect and drive the technical vision for a solution, ensuring we are delivering exceptional digital transformation and change for our clients, as well as driving continuous improvement within the business. This will mean not only completing high level design phases and supporting the teams Architecturally throughout delivery all the way through the technical stack (code standards, database strategy, infrastructure, etc) but also making sure it is repeatable and scalable across the team and clients. We will be looking for people who not only bring their own experience, but who will also be happy to form best practices and help define the innovative technologies that can drive new business and delivery.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Commercial experience of architecting medium to complex solutions through to delivery.
- Ability to give technically lead projects to both senior developers and up to management the delivery leadership team.
- Experience of describing architectures diagrammatically either formally or informally, UML or equivalent.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of defining data standards, modelling, and governance.
- Proven ability to define, improve and promote best practices across the business.
- Comprehensive commercial experience with governing development decisions for delivery
- Experience in successfully Architecting and delivering web- based applications, using .NET technologies or another commercial framework.
- Experience of successfully delivering secure applications that are architected and built with security best practices in mind e.g., zero trust, csip etc.
- Experience of Designing, creating and consuming APIs (e.g., REST and SOAP)
- Knowledge/experience of Microservices Architectural methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge/experience of Serverless architectural methodology and best practices
- Experience of designing delivery-wide testing strategies to deliver robust, effective solutions.
- Understanding of test driven and behaviour driven design (TDD/BDD) and delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of testing methodologies such as automation, performance, stress, etc.
- Knowledge of code versioning and branching strategies for delivery.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Experience leading design workshops with clients
- Experience identifying and documenting options for Design Decisions and Key Design Decisions, presenting back recommendations to Technical Design Authority
- Knowledge/experience of creating High Level Design documents
- Excellent communication skills with experience of confidently presenting the design/architecture to internal stakeholders and external clients up to board level.
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of line management
- Knowledge/experience of Content Delivery and Content Management Systems
- Knowledge/Experience of using Azure and/or Azure services.
- Knowledge/experience of using AWS and/or AWS services.
- Experience in successfully Architecting and delivering native mobile and desktop applications.
Our offices in London, Leeds and Uppingham have reopened fully, but should you prefer to work from home or combine remote and office work, you are welcome to! We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You will be able to confirm your preferences in the application form.