As a Senior Server-Side Engineer at MMT Digital, you’ll be driving the development of projects with a focus on ASP.NET Framework & .Net Core technologies and ensuring a high level of technical quality in the delivery of trusted solutions to a diverse range of clients.
You’ll have the opportunity to support and mentor engineers to ensure best practices and governance are applied throughout development. As part of your role, you’ll perform code reviews/pull requests with the team and work with Technical Architects and Product Owners to define the technical strategy and vision for the projects you are working on. Other things you could be doing include helping product owners refine user stories on agile projects; liaising with the Front-End and Systems Engineers to ensure efficient, cohesive code is delivered; inputting towards the best practices, community and vision of the wider Engineering team at MMT.
As part of your application for this role, to accompany your CV we will be asking you to describe, in a few paragraphs, the impact you believe a Senior Engineer should have within a development team.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Great commercial experience working with complex project in ASP.NET Technologies using C# or Node JS
- Experience of delivering ASP.NET MVC
- Detailed understanding of Web Services and Web API (SOAP, RESTful, RPC)
- Experience with SQL Server Creating and Analysing T-SQL Queries, Performance Tuning, DB maintenance plans and Deploying Databases
- A desire to learn with a willingness to work as an agile team to get projects over the line
- Excellent people skills; demonstrably team- and client-focused
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Willingness to engage in line management, and a passion for encouraging the progress of others
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of Cloud Hosting such as Azure or AWS
- Database design, setup and administration
- Experience and understanding of working with a CMS such as Kentico or Contentful
- Experience of .NET Core technologies
- Commercial experience of working in an agency setting
- NodeJS, SASS and NPM experience would be great but not essential
- Professional experience in line management and/or mentoring
Our offices in London, Leeds and Uppingham have reopened fully, but should you prefer to work from home or combine remote and office work, you are welcome to! We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You will be able to confirm your preferences in the application form.