At MMT Digital, our Cloud Systems Engineers allow us to apply Cloud Systems Engineering practices (CI/CD automation, environment deployment, infrastructure design, productivity improvements, DevOps processes) to clients and provide services such as managed pipelines, phase 0 work and developer support.
As a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, you’ll share some architecture responsibility, along with the responsibility for coaching and mentoring junior team members. You’ll also champion improvement initiatives for clients and internal work.
When you join our Systems team, you’ll be:
- Directly responsible for the implementation of the CI/CD toolchain.
- Providing input into the design of and implement cloud infrastructure.
- Finding delivery bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- Actively seeking out opportunities for improvement and enhancement of client solutions, and drive the commercial conversations to enable this delivery
- Promoting best CI/CD practices
- Working closely with technical leads to ensure that platforms are designed for continuous delivery and zero downtime.
- Ensuring, with the support of Development team peers and Technical Architects, that development work is delivered on time and budget and in line with the technical vision for the project and company best practices.
- Taking accountability for the success of the project as a whole, including offering input and insight to areas other than just the development, and bearing the responsibility of decisions that need to be made
- Working with the wider Systems Team to enable delivery of client work in all areas of Systems Team capabilities
- Creating and maintaining sufficient levels of documentation for the solutions produced
- Positively representing MMT Digital, and to embrace and encourage and its values, through client interactions - whether in a work or social setting.
- Triaging and solving service issues
- Working closely with the other CSE Seniors to design and implement controls to ensure safety and accuracy of deliverables, and be confident in demonstrating the value of these controls to clients
You’ll also work with the Systems Team Delivery Manager and wider Systems Engineering Team to continually assess and improve ways of working to enable delivery of client work. You’ll support the Cloud Systems Engineers in your team to grow and develop their careers through mentorship, and assist MMT Digital to become a global thought leader in this discipline.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify trends and patterns
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to drive out root cause of complex technical problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to voice issues appropriately and professionally
- Proven experience using Azure DevOps for CI/CD
- Commercial experience of implementing AWS resources such as ECS, EC2, Networking and Lambda
- Highly confident in System Architecture
- Experience of using Config Management tools
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of mentoring and coaching others
- Experience using AWS CDK