As a Product Designer at MMT Digital you will be helping businesses identify a market opportunity, clearly define the problem, develop a proper solution for that problem and validate that solution with real users.
You will be comfortable in the end-to-end design process, understanding the Double Diamond problem and solution space, and Design Thinking stages; Empathise, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test, Implement. Most of your time will be spent in the problem space. This is the foundational area for finding the right value proposition fit. Framing the problem and finding opportunities is the cornerstone for a confident solution strategy that can accelerate the rest of the design process, from ideation to implementation.
You will be a bastion of collaborative design. You will not own the design process, rather you will encourage your squad members to own it collectively.
As such, as a product designer will wear multiple hats, which means your day-to-day will never look the same. You’ll be part problem solver, part researcher, part designer, part product manager, part data analyst, part marketer and part team facilitator.
You will use an arsenal of research techniques and tools alongside research specialists to generate problem framing insight to create hypotheses for solutions that you will seek to validate/invalidate.
You will strive to go from idea to learning as quickly as possible. You will use accelerated design workshops techniques to conduct your work within a cross-functional environment.
What you’ll bring
To flourish in this role, you will bring experience in the following:
- Collaboration – with product managers and engineers at every phase of the product development process, from initial problem space to being embedded in Squads.
- Holistic experience design – interconnecting your work with the service picture as well as business capabilities and customer needs. Understanding the broad view to create a fitting value proposition nested within products, journeys, and features.
- Continuous Improvement – working to optimise the user experience in the solutions you make for users.
- Workshop facilitator – leading mixed disciplined teams through design thinking workshop methods to get a 360-degree view of a challenge.
- GV Design Sprinter – running Sprints using the Google Ventures Design Sprint process with Squads (in person or virtual or hybrid) to solve problems and test new ideas in just 4 or 5 days.
- Prototyping & User Testing – being comfortable with several different prototyping tools, applying the correct one for the task at hand and assessing the value of their ideas with User Testing.
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience working in an agency.
- Experience in working with Design Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in leading junior members of the team.