We want to hear from enthusiastic and highly capable .NET Developers with a proven track record in delivering high quality and visually stunning websites and applications. We want to see a real passion for the digital industry and the willingness to constantly learn, adapt and develop. There’s a big list of skills that would be useful so scroll down to get an idea of what we’re looking for!
Key Skills Required
Here are a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!). If you don’t tick all the boxes, please don’t be put off. What we are really after is a passionate and pro-active problem solver with a desire to automate everything!
At a minimum you must meet the following technical requirements (advanced level):
- 3+ years commercial experience in ASP.NET 2.0 + (using C#)
- Database design, setup and administration
- Experience of delivering ASP.NET WebForms applications
- Experience of delivering ASP.NET MVC 4 applications
- Experience of creating technical / functionality specifications
- Working experience of DVCSs (Mercurial / GIT)
- Detailed knowledge of IIS and FTP setup
- Strong OOP skills
- Dependency Injection
- Unit testing (Nunit / MSTest), Mocking (Moq)
- Create accessible (WAI AA) websites
- SQL, SQL Server (DTS/SSIS, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, performance tuning, DB maintenance plans)
- Entity Framework
- A comprehensive understanding of CMS; Detailed understanding of Web Services: ASMX / WCF and RESTful (Web API)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Ability to train others in a clear and concise manner
- UK Driving Licence
- Selenium / Web Driver Browser automation testing
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with Kentico CMS
- Other RDBMS (MySQL / Oracle)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon EC2, XSLT, XSD, Design Packages including Photoshop, Translating designs to an accessible web format, Image Formats, Movie Formats, Audio Formats.
Any understanding of the following is not necessary, but would aid any application:
- Knowledge of LANs
- Knowledge of WANs,
- Knowledge of Computer hardware
- Knowledge of Network setup
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
MMT Digital is one of the fastest growing agencies in the UK. We architect, design and develop bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. We achieve that by hiring awesome people and creating a culture of trust and an environment that allows us all to constantly enhance our skills.
There are a lot of ways that we can do that. We work on exciting projects with large national and global clients. We are constantly investing in the best external training. We also have a huge pool of talent within the company so it's important that we make the most of that. Through "lunch and learns", "brown bag sessions" and company hackathons (T-shirts included!) we are always trying to find ways to share our knowledge. Everyone gets to set their own "personal objectives" every quarter so that we can try and move your skills in the direction that you want to take them.
We're an agile company (but lots of people say that!). Agile is often done really badly. We're proud of the fact that we do it well. Taking the concepts of being truly lean when developing digital products is not always easy when it's applied to the development of websites. We have a bunch of highly skilled and qualified Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Certified Scrum Developers along with world class test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes which means we feel that we do it better than most! If you're new to agile or have a few years' experience, we're confident that MMT Digital is a great place to continue on your agile journey.
Finally, it's important to have fun. Happy people are more motivated and that creates a stronger team. We have a great team culture and invest both in our people and improving what we do. We are enthusiastic, passionate, work hard and have fun. We are a very sociable bunch and have regular social activities throughout the year, culminating in the Christmas party with past destinations including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Lisbon.
We're looking for someone to join us in our beautiful Rutland HQ in Uppingham. We've also got some smart offices down in London too so you may need to pop down there from time to time.